Pieces

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Back in Action

It certainly has been awhile.

Making progress, albiet quite slowly over the past few months. The new job has been kicking my ass a little bit but the itch to create something has taken hold again.

I have been outlining a midi template for my mixer recently and finally began work this weekend. For quite some time I had this mental stigma about going full midi with the mixer. Having so much functionality built in made me determined to take advantage of that fact, but not being able to really save my actions or use sends has had its drawbacks. I have settled on a system that makes use of the send/return section of Ableton and right now I am making use of a drum rack and 2 instances of Alchemy's performance section as well as 12 send/returns and a few other channels.

So far I have been making mostly hip-hop rhythms and dub tones. I think I will continue in this fashion exploring deep/dub/soul tones but experiment with tempo. As always I am forcing myself to program a lot of my own sounds from scratch and while this is challenging at first working in the framework of my live performance template is making this process far less overwhelming. Hopefully By building a sound and song library this way I will be immediately ready for live performance of the material.

One foot in front of the other.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment