Pieces

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Writing it Down

Having ADD has made writing things down very tedious in the past, but I've decided to go through a few tracks and write down what I hear.  This of course has proven to be very useful since I already have the ability to identify certain sound design elements as well as possessing knowledge of basic song structure.

My goal is to eventually go through 5 songs that I find to be quite musically relevant, and dissect each one.  I think I'll make something like 2 songs a piece with each format.  In the mean time I will be building out a library of sounds and religiously going through some sampling tutorials from www.nickstutorials.com to achieve a lot of this.

Start a new job on monday...sounds like i might be getting worked to the bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment